Thursday, April 16, 2020

Painting my bathroom cabinet

Painting my bathroom cabinet


About six months, I painted my bathroom a beautiful blue. I decided I wanted to paint the bathroom cabinet the same value but much darker.



But before I could paint, I  needed to make sure I fixed any issues the cabinet may have. It is very old and peeling in some areas. I'm not ready to redo the bathroom just yet, but I do want to make it as appealing as possible.


In a way, it's good that it's old because the melamine came right off. As you can see from the picture, I just peeled it off all the doors. That made it so easy!!


As with any job you undertake, the prep work is the most crucial part. If you skip on the prep work, most likely, it won't last as long, or it won't turn out well. So I had to prime the doors. I didn't sand since it was on MDF. If I were painting on Melamine, then I would have sanded. I used this primer, which worked very well. I only needed one coat.



Then I went to work and started painting. I took off the doors to make it easier to paint.



It took four coats to cover the cabinet completely. Something you should know, the darker the color, the more coverage you will need!! It doesn't look beautiful right now, but I knew it would once it's was done.



Well it's all done and I couldn't be happier. I love the color and as it dries it becomes darker. I used Sherwin William Duration 6230 Rainstorm







So what do you think? Not bad, right?!! Changes the whole bathroom. And it looks brand new!!


#AbellaHomeStaging

No comments:

Post a Comment