What you need to know about accent chairs.
Chairs can complement the decor in any room. They play a significant role in defining the space. Accent chairs refer to many different types of chairs and styles. So it's important to know what's out there and what best suits your style.
Below are some of the options that are available.
Types of Accent Chairs:
1. Arm Chair- One of the most popular style. They have comfortable sides to rest your arms. Armchairs come in a variety of material, colors, & sizes.
2. Slipper Chair - Gives you an extra place to sit without taking up space. Sleek and streamed-lined. These chairs have no armrest.
3. Side Chair- One of the most versatile chair. Petite profile. They don't have arms, similar to the slipper chair. They can fit anywhere and are used mostly in dining rooms.
4. Barrel Chair- Got its name from its shape. The back of the chair looks like a barrel. Comfort is essential for this style of chair.
5. Lounge Chair- Just what the name implies, you lounge in this chair. Comfort is the goal, and most of the chairs have a place to rest your feet. Some may come with ottomans.
6. Wingback Chair- The high back and winged shape are foremost in this design. This design does tend to be bulky, so it is not ideal if you plan on moving them around.
7. Club Chair - Have a deeper seat than most normal chairs, high arms and are very comfortable. They are great for living rooms.
8. Parson Chair- These chairs are streamlined and sleek. They can go in any space but are mostly used in dining rooms.
9. Papasan Chair- These chairs have frames that are made from rattan. Their overall design is in the shape of a dish. Extremely comfortable. Mostly used in sunrooms or patios.
10. Ballon Chair- Sometimes called an egg chair, due to their shape. It's a unique look. Some of these chairs can be mounted on the ceiling.
11. Chesterfield Chair- Incredible comfortable chair with a very formal look. They tend to have rolled arms and nailheads. This style of chairs works well with any design.
Types of Styles:
1. Modern- This style gets its design elements from the modern movement. The style tends to be streamlined and straightforward.
2. Contemporary - Similar to modern but it is known for its stark simplicity. Curves are a common design element as well.
3. Traditional - Classic authentic look. Traditional style is warm, relaxed and not at all exceptional design. They can even look slightly outdated. The goal of this style is function over design.
4. Transitional- Its a blend of tradition and contemporary design. The best of both worlds. Clean lines and an emphasis on comfort, all in one package.
5. Rustic- Simple laid back design. They have a basic design that highlights natural beauty. Most have natural elements like wood or metal.
6. Country- Sometimes called cottage or even shabby chic. This is a laid back design that tends to incorporate bright colors.
7. Glam- Adds sparkle to any space. Elegance is its core design, and it creates a big statement in any area.
8. Coastal- Think beach house. It has a simple look and combines natural materials.
9. Mid Century Modern - A modern design with a more updated look. Classic style with a vintage look that dates the 50s era.
10. Industrial- Incredible functional and humble design. This style has a raw, organic, feel to it. Can use metal and wood as part of the design.
As you can see, there are many options. Of course, cost and budget is always a factor, and that will depend on the style you choose. Prices can range from $150 to $1,000 per chair!! But the cost isn't the only factor to consider. How will the chairs be used? Is style the primary consideration? Or is the function?
Just remember that accent chair will dictate the style of that space, so choose wisely!!
All imagines via Pinterest